Monday, May 18, 2009

Finding the joy in the little things……


What an evening we had at Faded Elegance. You could feel the creativity in the air, ladies gluing, cutting and sipping champagne. I was very happy with how our first
" Craft-y Evening" went. Amanda and I were just coming off the excitement of" Girl’s Night In" and decided to throw caution to the wind and pull off a craft night in two weeks. We had been kicking around the idea of doing something for Mother’s Day and decided to do the Memento Box. I am happy to report we had a fabulous evening.
Amanda supplied everyone with a darling box filled with beautiful supplies to make a darling Memento box. Amada shared with the class her “tricks of the trade” on creating a lovely one-of-a-kind keepsake.
It was a nice break from the everyday, taking time to slow down to enjoy the moments of learning something new and visiting with likeminded people.

We had Mother and Daughters, Sisters and Girlfriend crafting partners. I enjoyed seeing the creative twist of each box. My sister Laurie and niece Emily made boxes for her Grandmother and Great Grandmother. Linda from the Speckled Hen brought her friend Linda. The girls from Inside Out all crafted together for a mother’s day treat.











My sister Laurie and Niece Emily took a break from crafting for refreshments and shopping. My idea of a perfect evening crafting and shopping.

Alison and her Daughter Hally, busily creating. Allison brought her daughter and mother for Mother’s Day. That’s three generations of crafting ladies. Hally surprised her mom with a darling silver bangle bracelet in her box.
Thank you Amada and Tim for a wonderful evening and teaching me new tricks! You can see Amada featured in the upcoming Seattle Brides Magazine.
What a display of talent, each box came out a little different. My box is absent because I was too busy being a social butterfly. That’s the term my teachers in grade school would use during parent teacher conferences. I guess things never change!


We had many requests that evening for more classes, so stay tuned, we have a few ideas up our sleeves. Amada has said she'd do another class and I've been talking to a few of my very creative freinds. I can’t pass up my two favorite things, a good soiree and crafting with friends. Keep posted we had a fabulous turn out for the first annual Historic Snohomish Antique and Arts Faire.
I’ll be posting the pictures very soon….. I promise!

1 comment:

Allison O. said...

Kimberly, we'd like to thank you for such a WONDERFUL and memorable evening!!! All three of us giggled over hot-glue, learned that mistakes are really just more "charm" when crafting and met so many lovely people. It was fun seeing our fellow shopkeepers also enjoying your hostessing skills. My we are a lucky bunch in Snohomish! The artist was so talented and had such an interesting story of how she started, too. I felt like I got so much more than my money's worth. We look forward to doing this again sometime! -Allison O., Halle O. & Jackie K.