Monday, March 30, 2009

An evening to remember….



As you may know, I love a good soiree. Thursday, March 26th was our first Design Seminar. We closed our doors early to move the store around to accommodate 40 chairs. Kelly DuyByne from Distinctive Designs and I collaborated on our topics for the evening. Kelly has been in the design business for 14 years and specializes in color.



The evening started with champagne and decadent chocolate desserts prepared by Dee Masion. Dee is my go too girl when it comes to catering. As promised we will be posting Dees’ recipe for the Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart. Thanks Dee!

Everyone received a fabulous swag bag of goodies and a $10.00 Gift Card.
I was thrilled to share what inspires me in my own personal decorating. I shared my tips on decorating with Antiques and Found Objects, using items that inspire me from my home.

I introduced our new custom order fabric and furniture line, French Laundry.

Kelly discussed three different vignettes, bringing the garden inside, lighting and the elegant French Salon vignette. We handpicked items from each of our 16 talented dealers to help inspire everyone.
We encouraged everyone to bring pictures of their problem area and we’d help with their design dilemma. Kelly answered design questions and discussed color with the group. She also worked one on one with people.
Congratulations Tiffany! Tiffany was the winner of the In Home Color Consultation and $100.00 Faded Elegance Gift Certificate.






















I enjoyed visiting with all our wonderful attendees and friends. Thank you for attending our first Design Seminar. Stay tuned for another Faded Elegance Special VIP evening…. Girls’ Night In, Saturday April 25th.
I would also like to give a special thank you to Kelly, Mari, Dee and all the Fabulous Faded Elegance dealers for making our Design Seminar a huge success.

2 comments:

Pam and Chelsea said...

I love the seminar you put on. Did you advertise for it, or how did people know about it? We always try to have events at our store, but most of the time we spend so much time getting ready for it and buying goodies and then we end up with no one coming. My mom is about ready to give up on having them, but I think they are such a great idea!

Funky Junk Sisters said...

Great idea! Looks like a good turn out too.
Wanted to let you know we added you to our blog roll.

The Funky Junk Sisters
http://www.funkyjunksisters.blogspot.com